Master Michael Huang is one of only three people in the world to be recognized by Grandmaster Huang as a Master in Tien Shan Pai kung fu. He is the highest ranking student under Grandmaster Huang and holds an 8th degree from the International Tien Shan Pai Association.
He is a 7th-degree Black Sash under The World Kuo Shu Federation (TWKSF) ranking system and an internationally certified TWKSF level A Referee. At national and international tournaments, Master Huang has won numerous 1st place awards in empty hand forms, weapon forms, two-person forms, light contact, and Lei Tai fighting.
- Master Instructor at U.S. Kuo Shu Academy
- President of International Tien Shan Pai Association
- Executive Member of The World Kuo Shu Federation (TWKSF) and United States Kuo Shu Federation (USKSF)
- Assistant to the USKSF President
- USKSF Director of Northern Style
- USKSF Tournament General Manager
- Began martial arts at the age of 3 1/2 under Grandmaster Huang, Chien Liang
- Competed in World Tournaments from 2009 to 2012
- Won numerous 1st place awards in events such as empty hand forms, weapon forms, two person forms, light contact and full contact Lei Tai fighting
- 2001 USKSF Male Form Competitor of the Year
- 2010 USKSF Male Lei Tai (full-contact) Competitor of the Year
- Helped lead the U.S. team to win gold in the 2015 World Tournament
- Participated in demonstrations that raised tens of thousands of dollars for St. Jude Children’s Research Center, Maryland Chapter of Multiple Sclerosis Society, September 11th Relief Efforts, and many others
- Received several citations from government officials for his promotion of Chinese martial arts from County Executive James Smith, Jr., Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger, Governors Parris Glendening, Martin O’Malley, and Larry Hogan, and Senators Benjamin Cardin and Barbara Mikulski
- His students have competed on a national and international level receiving top places ranging from form to full-contact fighting
Master Huang began his martial arts studies at three-and-a-half. In addition to Tien Shan Pai, he has studied fighting techniques, traditional weapons, qi gong, nei gong, iron palm, grass dragon pole, and qin na. He has also extensively studied Tai Ji Quan, Xing Yi Quan, Ba Gua Zhang, and Daoist meditation.
In 2001, Master Huang was awarded the USKSF Adult Male Competitor of the Year and, in 2010, was recognized as the USKSF Male Lei Tai Competitor of the Year. Master Huang was a member of the US national team for the 2009 World Kuo Shu Championship tournament (in Germany) and 2012 World Kuo Shu Championship Tournament (in Malaysia), where he placed 4th and 2nd, respectively, in full-contact Lei Tai fighting.
Master Huang has participated in demonstrations that raised tens of thousands of dollars for St. Jude Children’s Research Center, Maryland Chapter of Multiple Sclerosis Society, September 11th Relief Efforts, and many others. He has also received several citations from government officials for his promotion of Chinese martial arts from County Executive James Smith, Jr., Congressman Dutch Ruppersberger, Governors Parris Glendening, Martin O’Malley, and Larry Hogan, and Senators Benjamin Cardin and Barbara Mikulski.
Currently, Master Huang is a member of the USKSF Executive Committee. He is the Master Instructor at U.S. Kuo Shu Academy. With over 30 years of teaching experience, Master Huang focuses on training and coaching the next generation of Chinese martial arts practitioners. His students have gone on to become world champions, but more importantly, champions in life.
Master Huang has published the following books: Legend of Red Cloud, Centuries Old Lost Secrets of Unleashing Your Full Potential, and Building Habits, Self Discipline, and Character through Martial Arts.